• A) All nonprofits (Ex: 501.c3) To receive an application you must submit proof of nonprofit status.  (Certificate of Existence or good standing) This may be obtained from the Secretary of State Website in Des Moines.  No other certificate or made up document is acceptable. 
  • B) Governmental agencies/entities (federal, state, city, county, schools, divisions or departments of such) must have a letter of authorization from their operating officer (Superintendent, Mayor, Chair) stating that the governmental entity has approved you to apply and receive grant funds. The application must be applied for in the name of the governing board and the project would be the division or department asking for funds. Examples:
    • 1. Kennedy School wants to apply; thus, a letter of authorization must be from the Superintendent. The application will be issued to the School District. The project would then be Kennedy School. If awarded the funding would be payable to the District NOT the individual school or person.
    • 2.The City Fire Department wants to apply; thus, a letter of authorization must be from the City Mayor. The application will be issued to the City. The project would then be the City Fire Department. If awarded the funding would be payable to the City. (Exception – the department has its own 501.c3)
  • C)  Churches often have nonprofit Status from the IRS.  The church accountant would have this.
Or send email to
**Governmental entities require letter from CEO**


All applicants must be a Woodbury, Plymouth, Ida, Cherokee, Crawford or Monona County, Iowa based NONPROFIT entity, agency or Organization and funds must be used by that group. Counties outside of Woodbury County that are listed must show a benefit to Woodbury County residents.


Grants will NOT be awarded if the money goes to: 

Other nonprofit grant programs, general funds, endowments, foundations, scholarships, capitol campaigns, or as replacement monies already allocated, individuals, political action committees, lobbyists, lobbying efforts, payroll, taxes, insurance, salaries, special salaries, volunteer incentives, reimbursements, office supplies (paper, pens, pencils, envelopes, stamps, phones) general operation expenses; any entity, organization, group, or agency using an established nonprofit entity as a vehicle to obtain grant funds (each applicant MUST USE for its’ own nonprofit).